- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimen plainly as "acute or convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
1.65-2.84 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of antibodies. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
2.85 IV or greater: Positive - IgM antibody to dengue fever virus detected, which may indicate a current or recent infection.
However, low levels of IgM antibodies may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0093098||Dengue Fever Virus Antibody, IgM||23992-1|
- Dengue Fever IgM
- Dengue Fever Virus IgM antibody