- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute or convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
1.65-2.84 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of antibodies. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
2.85 IV or greater: Positive - IgG antibody to dengue fever virus detected, which may indicate a current or past infection.
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0093097||Dengue Fever Virus Antibody, IgG|
- Dengue Fever IgG
- Dengue Fever Virus IgG antibody