Babesia microti Antibodies, IgG & IgM by IFA
BAB MIC AB
Semi-Quantitative Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred, and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bacterially contaminated, hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0093049||Babesia microti Antibody, IgG by IFA||<1:16 Negative-No significant level of detectable Babesia IgG antibody.|
1:16 Equivocal-Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
>1:16 Positive-IgG antibody to Babesia detected, which may indicate a current or past infection.
|0093050||Babesia microti Antibody, IgM by IFA||<1:20 Negative-No significant level of detectable Babesia IgM antibody.|
1:20 Equivocal-Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
>1:20 Positive-IgM antibody to Babesia detected, which may indicate a current or recent infection.
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0093049||Babesia microti IgG|
|0093050||Babesia microti IgM|