- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA), green (heparin), and yellow (ACD).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred, and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bacterially contaminated, hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0093049||Babesia microti Antibody, IgG by IFA||< 1:16 Negative - No significant level of detectable Babesia IgG antibody.|
1:16 Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
> 1:16 Positive - IgG antibody to Babesia detected, which may indicate a current or past infection.
|0093050||Babesia microti Antibody, IgM by IFA||< 1:20 Negative - No significant level of detectable Babesia IgM antibody.|
1:20 Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
> 1:20 Positive - IgM antibody to Babesia detected, which may indicate a current or recent infection.
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0093049||Babesia microti IgG|
|0093050||Babesia microti IgM|
- B microti Ab
- B microti Ab panel
- Babesia microti Antibodies (IgG, IgM)
- Babesia Microti IgG/IgM Ab Panel
- Babesiosis Serology