- Patient Preparation
- One 10 mL green (sodium heparin). Also acceptable: 3 mL of non-diluted bone marrow aspirate collected in a heparinized syringe and transferred into a green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- 10 mL whole blood or 3 mL bone marrow at 20-25°C. (Min: 5 mL whole blood or 1 mL bone marrow)
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen, clotted, or paraffin-embedded specimens.
- It is recommended that all FISH studies be done in conjunction with routine cytogenetic analysis. (Refer to appropriate Chromosome Analysis test for order instructions). If FISH only is requested, please submit a copy of previous cytogenetics report. If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetic slides are not submitted, a processing fee will apply.
- Ambient: Whole Blood: 48 hours, Bone Marrow: 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test must be ordered using a Cytogenetic test request form 43099 or through your ARUP interface. Please submit the Patient History Form - Chromosome Studies with the Electronic Packing list. The form is available on ARUP's Web site, http://www.aruplab.com/home/consent_forms.jsp.
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the sample integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
RB1 has been removed.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092616||Chromosome FISH, CLL Panel||57802-1|
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)