- Order concurrently with fixed tissue histopathology for assessment of patient with inflammatory, immune-mediated cutaneous disease, including possible lupus and lupus variants, vasculitis, drug reactions, lichen planus and lichenoid reactions.
(Direct Fluorescent Antibody Stain)
- Patient Preparation
- Tissue, skin, or mucous membrane.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport epidermis/epithelium and dermis tissue (optimal 4-5 mm) in Michel's Media (ARUP supply #45462) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or call ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Formalin-fixed tissue.
- Ambient: 10 days; Refrigerated: 10 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092571||Cutaneous Direct IF, Biopsy||6471-7|
|2010916||EER Cutaneous Direct IF, Biopsy|
- Bullous Disease
- Chronic Bullous Disease
- Cutaneous Herpetiformis
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis
- Lichen Planus and Lichenoid
- Linear IgA Bullous, Tissue
- Lupus Erythematous, Tissue
- Pemphigoid, Tissue
- Porphyria and Pseudoporphyria, Tissue
- Skin Immunofluorescence
- Urticarial Pemphigoid
- Urticarial Vasculitis
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology