- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 4 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 9 months
Drugs covered: Fentanyl and norfentanyl
Positive cutoff: 1.0 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The absence of expected drug(s) and/or drug metabolite(s) may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, diluted/adulterated urine, or limitations of testing. The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- fentanyl and norfentanyl urine concentrations
- Fentanyl, Quantitative, with medMATCH, Urine