- Patient Preparation
- Gray (sodium fluoride/potassium oxalate). Also acceptable: Plain red, green (sodium heparin), lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes. Plasma or whole blood collected in lt. blue (sodium citrate). Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 3 years
Drugs covered: codeine, morphine, 6-acetylmorphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone and oxymorphone. All drugs covered are the non-glucuronidated (free) form.
Positive cutoff: 2 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The absence of expected drug(s) and/or drug metabolite(s) may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, or limitations of testing. The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. A very small amount of an unexpected drug analyte in the presence of a large amount of an expected drug analyte may reflect pharmaceutical impurity. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2006559||Opiates, Serum/Plasma, Hydrocodone|
|2006560||Opiates, Serum/Plasma, Hydromorphone|
|2006561||Opiates, Serum/Plasma, Codeine|
|2006562||Opiates, Serum/Plasma, Morphine|
|2006563||Opiates, Serum/Plasma, 6_AM|
|2006564||Opiates, Serum/Plasma, Oxycodone|
|2006565||Opiates, Serum/Plasma, Oxymorphone|
|2007080||Opiates, Serum/Plasma Interpretation|
- Codeine and Metabolite
- Hydrocodone and Metabolite
- MS Contin
- Opiates Quantitation
- Oxycodone and Metabolite
- Pain Management