17-Hydroxypregnenolone Quantitative by LC-MS/MS, Serum or Plasma
Quantitative High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Plain red, lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Refrigerated or room temperature specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 6 months
|Premature (26-28 weeks)||1219-9799 ng/dL||1219-9799 ng/dL|
|Premature (29-36 weeks)||346-891l ng/dL||346-891l ng/dL|
|Full Term (1-5 months)||229-3104 ng/dL||229-3104 ng/dL|
|6-12 months||less than or equal to 917ng/dL||less than or equal to 917ng/dL|
|13-23 months||less than or equal to 592 ng/dL||less than or equal to 592 ng/dL|
|2-4 years||less than or equal to 280 ng/dL||less than or equal to 249 ng/dL|
|5-6 years||less than or equal to 350 ng/dL||less than or equal to 319 ng/dL|
|7-9 years||less than or equal to 212 ng/dL||less than or equal to 187 ng/dL|
|10-12 years||less than or equal to 398 ng/dL||less than or equal to 392 ng/dL|
|13-15 years||less than or equal to 407 ng/dL||35-465 ng/dL|
|16-17 years||less than or equal to 423 ng/dL||32-478 ng/dL|
|18 years and older||Less than 226 ng/dL||Less than 442 ng/dL|
|Tanner Stage I||less than or equal to 235 ng/dL||less than or equal to 208 ng/dL|
|Tanner Stage II||less than or equal to 367 ng/dL||less than or equal to 355 ng/dL|
|Tanner Stage III||less than or equal to 430 ng/dL||less than or equal to 450 ng/dL|
|Tanner Stage IV-V||less than or equal to 412 ng/dL||35-478 ng/dL|
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0092333||17-Hydroxypregnenolone Quant, MS/MS, Ser|