Qualitative Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Technique/ Quantitative Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry/Quantitative Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 8 mL urine with no additives or preservative to ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. (Min: 4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years
Effective August 20, 2012
|Drugs Covered and Cutoff Concentrations
The absence of expected drug(s) and/or drug metabolite(s) may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, diluted/adulterated urine, or limitations of testing. The concentration at which the screening test can detect a drug or metabolite varies within a drug class. Specimens for which drugs or drug classes are detected by the screen are reflexed to a second, more specific technology (GC/MS and/or LC-MS/MS). The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
Oxycodone results are reported with the opiates results. MDMA results are reported with the amphetamines results.
If the specimen screens positive, then Confirmation/Quantitation by GC/MS and/or LC-MS/MS will be added to confirm result. Additional charges apply.
80101 x7; if positive, add appropriate CPT code(s): 82542; 82520; 83925; 83992; 82145; 82205; 80154
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0090407||CDASU 7 Comments|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Amphetamines, Urine
- Barbiturates, Urine
- Benzodiazepines, Urine
- Cocaine, Urine
- Creatinine, Urine
- Marijuana, Urine
- Opiates, Urine
- Pain Management
- Phencyclidine, Urine