Quantitative High Performance Liquid Chromatography
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light. Transfer 4 mL plasma to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens or specimens not protected from light. Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0092169||Niacin (Vitamin B3)|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Niacin Metabolite
- Nicotinic Acid
- Vitamin B3
Performed at Cambridge Biomedical Research Group