- Patient Preparation
- Pre-dose (trough) levels should be drawn.
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 1 mL whole blood. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum or plasma. Specimens left at room temperature for longer than 24 hours. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 2 weeks
|Kidney transplant (in combination with Cyclosporine):||3-8 ng/mL|
|Liver transplant (in combination with Tacrolimus):||3-8 ng/mL|
|Toxic value:||Greater than 15 ng/mL|
Everolimus marketed as Afinitor is FDA approved for the treatment of renal cell carcinoma and for the treatment of subependymal giant cell astrocytoma (SEGA) associated with tuberous sclerosis (TS) in patients who are not candidates for curative surgical resection. The suggested therapeutic range for treatment of SEGA is 5-15 ng/mL, which is based on a predose (trough) specimen.
The optimal therapeutic range for a given patient may differ from this suggested range based on the indication for therapy, treatment phase (initiation or maintenance), use in combination with other drugs, time of specimen collection relative to prior dose, type of transplanted organ, and/or the therapeutic approach of the transplant center.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092118||Everolimus by HPLC-MS/MS||50544-6|
- Everolimus, Blood