Flow Cytometry Test Request Form Recommended
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium heparin). Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 mL whole blood.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Specimen should be received within 48 hours of collection for optimal viable testing.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens greater than 48 hours old. Clotted or hemolyzed specimens.
- Provide CBC, Wright's stained smear (if available), clinical history, differential diagnosis, and any relevant pathology reports.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report.
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
Monoclonal antibody-based therapies such as Rituximab that target the CD20 antigen, are being used to treat patients with a variety of B-cell lymphomas and leukemias, as well as in the treatment of some autoimmune disorders. The effectiveness of these therapies for B-cell lymphomas and leukemias requires that the B-cell leukemia or lymphoma cells express CD20. This test examines whether surface CD20 antigen expression can be identified on any B-cells present in the submitted specimen. This test will also identify CD19 antigen expression and the percentage of expression.
88184 First marker and 88185 Each additional marker; AND 88187 interpretation for 2-8 markers
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- CD20 on B Cells
- Rituximab Therapy CD20