Hairstat 5 Reflexive Panel
Qualitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Quantitative Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Ensure that hair has not been bleached, dyed, or permanently waved within the past three months. If so, collect body hair. Hair from the beard, underarms, chest, arms, legs or pubic hair may be collected. Body hair from different sites may be combined to get a final volume. Body hair and scalp hair should not be combined during collection.
- 100 mg hair. A kit must be ordered prior to collecting specimen (ARUP supply #40477). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or by contacting Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 100 mg hair (a ponytail 1.5 inches long and the diameter of a #2 pencil). (Min: 100 mg)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Submissions require tamper evident seal to be placed on the specimen collection container. Unsealed containers will be rejected.
- Ambient: 1 year; Refrigerated: Undetermined; Frozen: Undetermined
A 1.5 inch specimen of head hair represents approximately three months of hair growth, and therefore, up to three months of collective history of drug exposure. Dying, bleaching, perming, and straightening of hair may affect results.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
Performed at USDTL