- Patient Preparation
- Ensure hair is not chemically treated or synthetic. Hair from the beard, underarms, chest, arms, legs or pubic hair may be collected. Body hair from different sites may be combined to get a final volume. Body hair and scalp hair should not be combined.
- 100 mg hair. A kit must be ordered prior to collecting specimen (ARUP supply #40477). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or by contacting Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 100 mg hair (a ponytail 1.5 inches long and the diameter of a #2 pencil). (Min: 100 mg)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Unsealed specimens.
- Ambient: 1 year; Refrigerated: Undetermined; Frozen: Undetermined
Test includes: amphetamines, cocaine, opiates, cannabinoids (marijuana), and phencyclidine (PCP). No additional charges for reflex testing.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
Performed at USDTL