- Patient Preparation
- Ensure that hair has not been bleached, dyed, or permanently waved within the past three months. If so, collect body hair. Hair from the beard, underarms, chest, arms, legs or pubic hair may be collected. Body hair from different sites may be combined to get a final volume. Body hair and scalp hair should not be combined during collection.
- 100 mg hair. A kit must be ordered prior to collecting specimen (ARUP supply #40477). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or by contacting Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 100 mg hair (a ponytail 1.5 inches long and the diameter of a #2 pencil). (Min: 100 mg)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Submissions require tamper evident seal to be placed on the specimen collection container. Unsealed containers will be rejected.
- Ambient: 1 year; Refrigerated: Undetermined; Frozen: Undetermined
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
Performed at USDTL