Vanadium Quantitation, Urine
Quantitative Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy/Colorimetry
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Avoid exposure to gadolinium-based contrast media for 48 hours prior to specimen collection. Collect at end of last shift, at end of work week.
- Urine in a trace metal-free or acid-washed container.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL urine to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Room Temperature and Frozen also acceptable.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 weeks
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0091593||Vanadium, Creatinine Corrected|
- Vanadium/Creatinine Ratio, Random, Urine (Vanadium Quantitation, Urine)
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)