- Patient Preparation
- Gray (sodium fluoride/potassium oxalate). Also acceptable: Plain red, green (sodium heparin), lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes. Plasma or whole blood collected in lt. blue (sodium citrate). Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 3 years
Drugs covered: Methadone and EDDP
Positive cutoff: 10 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The absence of expected drug(s) and/or drug metabolite(s) may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, or limitations of testing. The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2005892||Methadone, Serum or Plasma|
|2005893||EDDP, Serum or Plasma|
- Pain Management