- Patient Preparation
- Gray (sodium fluoride/potassium oxalate). Also acceptable: Plain red, green (sodium heparin), lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 3.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes. Plasma or whole blood collected in lt. blue (sodium citrate). Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 3 years
Drugs covered: benzoylecgonine
Positive cutoff: 20 ng/mL
The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0090682||Drug Confirmation, Cocaine, Ser/Pla|
- M-OH Benzoylecgonine
- Pain Management