- Patient Preparation
- Gray (sodium fluoride/potassium oxalate). Also acceptable: Plain red, green (sodium heparin), lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes. Plasma or whole blood collected in lt. blue (sodium citrate). Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 3 years
|Drugs Covered||Cutoff Concentrations|
Positive cutoff: 5 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The drug analyte detected in this assay, 9-carboxy THC, is a metabolite of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Detection of 9-carboxy THC suggests use of, or exposure to, a product containing THC. This test cannot distinguish between prescribed or non-prescribed forms of THC, nor can it distinguish between active or passive use. The plasma half-life for 9-carboxy THC metabolite is estimated to range from 4-12 hours.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090671||11-Nor-9-carboxy-THC, S/P, Quant||8170-3|
- Pain Management