Zinc, Whole Blood
Limited utility as an indicator of deficiency; concentration does not correlate well with intake. Serum or plasma concentrations (0020097) are best for assessment of deficiency over short periods of time. For acute toxicity, urine concentration (0020462) may be a more reliable indicator of exposure.
Quantitative Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometry
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Royal blue (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 1 mL whole blood in the original collection tube. (Min: 0.4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0096316||Zinc, Whole Blood|
- Barbita (Zinc, Whole Blood)
- PBR (Zinc, Whole Blood)
- Solfoton (Zinc, Whole Blood)
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)