Recommended test for the diagnosis and management of acute coronary syndrome.
- Patient Preparation
- Plasma separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Remove plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Specimen must be free of particulate matter including fibrin which can interfere with the assay. Avoid transferring material from the white blood cell/platelet layer located just above the red blood cells. Transport 1 mL plasma. (Min: 0.5 mL). Plasma and serum specimens should not be submitted interchangeably on the same patient with muliple draws.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 1 month
0.04-0.29 ng/mL: Suspicious for myocardial injury. Serial measurements may be necessary to confirm or exclude the diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome. Repeat testing in four to six hours if indicated.
0.30 ng/mL or greater: Consistent with myocardial injury. Clinical and laboratory correlation recommended.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Troponin inhibitory subnunit