Limited utility in the assessment of acute ethanol exposure. Ethyl Glucuronide Screen with Reflex to Confirmation, Urine (2007912) is preferred for the assessment of ethanol exposure up to several days post exposure.
- Patient Preparation
- For medical purposes only.
- Fresh random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Mix specimen well. Transfer 10 mL aliquot urine to a tightly sealed container for storage and transport. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 3 months
|Drugs Covered||Cutoff Concentrations|
For medical purposes only, not valid for forensic use
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090518||Ethanol, Urine, Qual-Medical||5645-7|
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Medical Ethanol
- urine ethanol qualitative