- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years
Methodology: Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
Positive cutoff: 5 ng/mL
The drug analyte detected in this assay, 9-carboxy THC, is a metabolite of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Detection of 9-carboxy THC suggests use of, or exposure to, a product containing THC. This test cannot distinguish between prescribed or non-prescribed forms of THC, nor can it distinguish between active or passive use. The 9-carboxy THC metabolite can be detected in urine for several weeks. Normalization of results to creatinine concentration can help document elimination or suggest recent use, when specimens are collected at least one week apart.
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0090369||Drug Confirmation, Cannabinoids, Urine|
- Pain Management
- Pain Management, Marijuana Metabolite, Quantitative, with medMATCH, Urine
- Pain Management, Marijuana Metabolite, with Confirmation with medMATCH, Urine