- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL with no additives or preservatives urine to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years
Drugs covered:codeine, morphine, 6-acetylmorphine, hydrocodone, norhydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, noroxycodone , oxymorphone and noroxymorphone. All drugs covered are the non-glucuronidated (free) form.
Positive cutoff: 20 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The absence of expected drug(s) and/or drug metabolite(s) may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, diluted/adulterated urine, or limitations of testing. The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. A very small amount of an unexpected drug analyte in the presence of a large amount of an expected drug analyte may reflect pharmaceutical impurity. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2005092||Opiates, Urine, Hydrocodone|
|2005098||Opiates, Urine, Oxycodone|
|2005099||Opiates, Urine, Oxymorphone|
|2005222||Opiates, Urine, Hydromorphone|
|2005223||Opiates, Urine, Codeine|
|2005224||Opiates, Urine, Morphine|
|2005225||Opiates, Urine, 6_AM|
|2006968||Opiates, Urine, Noroxycodone|
|2006969||Opiates, Urine, Noroxymorphone|
|2007079||Opiates, Urine, Interpretation|
|2008515||Opiates, Urine, Norhydrocodone|
- MS Contin
- Pain Management
- Pain Management, Opiates Expanded, Quantitative, with medMATCH, Urine
- Pain Management, Oxycodone, Quantitative, with medMATCH, Urine