Use to monitor patient with pemphigus who is positive for IgG cell surface antibodies but normal for IgG desmoglein 1 and/or 3 antibodies. Consider ordering concurrently with Desmoglein 1 and Desmoglein 3 Antibodies in Pemphigus, IgG (0090649
). May be used to screen for pemphigus or pemphigoid, but has decreased sensitivity and specificity when compared to Pemphigus Antibody Panel (0090650
) or Pemphigoid Antibody Panel (0092001
Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
For specimens less than 0.5 mL, call the Immunodermatology Laboratory at (866) 266-5699.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0090268||Epithelial Cell Surface Ab IgG|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology