Use to monitor patient with pemphigus who is positive for IgG cell surface antibodies but normal for IgG desmoglein 1 and/or 3 antibodies. Consider ordering concurrently with Desmoglein 1 and Desmoglein 3 Antibodies in Pemphigus, IgG (0090649). May be used to screen for pemphigus or pemphigoid, but has decreased sensitivity and specificity when compared to Pemphigus Antibody Panel (0090650) or Pemphigoid Antibody Panel (0092001).
Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
For specimens less than 0.5 mL, call the Immunodermatology Laboratory at (866) 266-5699.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0090268||Epithelial Cell Surface Ab IgG|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology