•Monitor patient with pemphigus who has positive IgG cell surface antibodies, but normal IgG desmoglein 1 and/or 3 antibody levels.
•For initial diagnosis and disease monitoring, the preferred test is the pemphigus antibody panel (0090650); panel components include IgG epithelial cell surface antibodies and IgG desmoglein 1 and 3.
•May use to screen for pemphigus or pemphigoid; however, this test has decreased sensitivity and specificity when compared to the panel tests for pemphigus antibodies (0090650) or pemphigoid antibodies (0092001).
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090268||Epithelial Cell Surface Ab IgG|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology