Optimize drug therapy and monitor patient adherence.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Ensure complete clot formation has taken place prior to centrifugation. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes or potassium oxalate/sodium fluoride tubes. EDTA plasma.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 7 days; Frozen: 1 month
Toxic: greater than 20.0 µg/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Tegretol, total serum concentration
- Total Carbamazepine