High Performance Liquid Chromatography
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Timing of specimen collection: Pre-dose (trough) draw - At steady state concentration.
- Plain red. Also acceptable: Lavender (K2 or K3EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood. Gel separator tubes, light blue (citrate), or yellow (SPS or ACD solution).
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 6 weeks; Refrigerated: 6 weeks; Frozen: 11 months
Effective February 19, 2013
|Therapeutic Range||Not well established|
|Toxic Level||Greater than 25.0 µg/mL|
A proposed therapeutic range is 1.0-3.5 µg/mL for a 2 g/day dose. A 3 g/day dose may have plasma concentrations up to 5.0 µg/mL.Trough concentrations between 2.0 and 4.0 µg/mL have been suggested to maximize efficacy and minimize adverse effects. Adverse effects of toxicity include abdominal pain, peripheral edema, cardiac abnormalities, hypertension and electrolyte disturbances.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- Cellcept™ (Mycophenolic Acid)
- CellCept™ MPA (Mycophenolic Acid)
- Mofetil Ester (Mycophenolic Acid)
- Mycophenolate (Mycophenolic Acid)
- Mycophenolate Mofetil (Mycophenolic Acid)
- Myfortic™ (Mycophenolic Acid)
- Prodrug (Mycophenolic Acid)