Toxic concentrations may cause intoxication, CNS depression, metabolic acidosis, renal damage and hypocalcemia. Ethylene glycol is extremely toxic. Ingestion can be fatal if patients do not receive immediate medical treatment.
See Compliance Statement B
Statement B: This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by ARUP Laboratories. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved or cleared this test; however, FDA clearance or approval is not currently required for clinical use. The results are not intended to be used as the sole means for clinical diagnosis or patient management decisions.