- Patient Preparation
- Collect specimen 8-12 hours (no earlier than 6 hours) after administration of oral dose.
- Plain red. Also acceptable: Green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Remove serum or plasma from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 4 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens collected in sodium fluoride, potassium oxalate or separator tubes. Hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 1 week
Toxic: greater than 2.4 ng/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- serum digoxin concentration