- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA) or serum separator tube. OR Urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze whole blood specimens. Transport 1 mL whole blood, serum, plasma or urine in a sterile container. (Min: 0.5 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen whole blood. Heparinized specimens.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 1 month
A negative result (less than 2.6 log copies/mL or less than 390 copies/mL) does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or BK virus DNA concentrations below the level of detection of the assay. Inhibition may also lead to underestimation of viral quantitation.
No international standard is currently available for calibration of this assay. Caution should be taken when interpreting results generated by different assay methodologies.
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0090059||BK Virus DNA, Quantitation|
|0093241||BK Virus DNA, Quant Interp|
|0096366||BK Virus DNA, Quant Source|
|2002302||BK Virus DNA, Quant copy/mL|
- BK (Polyoma) Virus
- BK Virus Quant PCR
- BK Virus, Molecular Detection
- BKV DNA
- Viral load monitoring