The level of CYFRA 21-1 cannot be used as absolute evidence for the presence or absence of disease.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Icteric, lipemic, or hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 2 months (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0081345||CYFRA 21-1, Serum|
- CYFRA 21-1 (Cytokeratin 19 Fragment (CYFRA 21-1), Serum)
- Soluble Cytokeratin 19 Fragment (Cytokeratin 19 Fragment (CYFRA 21-1), Serum)