- Patient Preparation
- This test requires a nuchal translucency (NT) measurement that has been performed by a certified ultrasonographer. The ultrasonographer MUST be certified to perform NT measurements by one of the following agencies: Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF) or Nuchal Translucency Quality Review (NTQR). To avoid possible test delays for an ultrasonographer who is new to our database, please contact the genetic counselor at 800-242-2787 extension 2141 prior to sending specimen.
If an NT is unobtainable, order Maternal Serum Screening, Integrated (ARUP test codes 0081062 and 0081064), which can be interpreted without an NT value.
Specimen must be drawn in the first trimester between 11 weeks, 0 days and 13 weeks, 6 days. (Crown-Rump length (CRL) must be between 4.4-8.5 cm). Patient History information is required
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 3 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- A crown-rump length greater than 8.5 cm. Plasma. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles. Hemolyzed specimens.
- The First Trimester Maternal Screen also requires the following information: a crown-rump length measurement (cm), ultrasonographer's name and certification number, date of ultrasound, patient's date of birth, current weight, due date, number of fetuses present, patient's race, if the patient has had a previous pregnancy with a chromosome abnormality, physician's name and phone number; and for in vitro fertilization pregnancies, the age of the egg donor.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 2 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0080241||Estimated Due Date||11778-8|
|0080920||Maternal Screen Interpretation||49586-1|
|0080927||Number of Fetuses||11878-6|
|0080932||Maternal Age At Delivery||21612-7|
|0080937||MoM For hCG||20465-1|
|0080938||Gestational Age (Exact)||18185-9|
|0081065||Nuchal Translucency (NT)||12146-7|
|0081066||Crown Rump Length||11957-8|
|0081068||MoM for PAPP-A||32123-2|
|0081069||Sonographer Certification #||49089-6|
|0081074||MoM for NT||49035-9|
|0081158||Family History of Aneuploidy||32435-0|
|2003011||EER Maternal Serum, First Trimester|
- Combined Screen
- First Trimester Screen