Monitor replacement therapy in coenzyme Q deficiencies; not useful in coenzyme Q deficiency diagnosis.
- Patient Preparation
- Patient should fast overnight prior to specimen collection. Patient may have water. It is not necessary to discontinue nutritional supplements prior to this test.
- Plasma separator tube, green (sodium or lithium heparin), serum separator tube, or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma or serum from cells within 1 hour of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens other than heparinized plasma or serum. Hemolyzed specimens. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 3 weeks; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|