•Screen for thymic and bronchial carcinoid tumors.
- Patient Preparation
- Do not collect specimen within 60 minutes after eating a meal, within 12 hours after consuming alcohol, immediately after brushing teeth or after any activity that may cause gums to bleed. Rinse mouth thoroughly with water 10 minutes before specimen collection. Recommended collection time is between 11:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- Saliva. Swab must be completely saturated to ensure sufficient volume for testing.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer saturated swab to plain (non-citric acid) cotton Salivette® collection device (ARUP Supply #41252). Record the time of collection on the test request form, and on Salivette® transport container.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected using the Salivette® collection device. Sodium azide preservative. Specimens with pH values greater than 9.0 or less than 3.5 must be recollected. Specimens visibly contaminated with blood, cellular debris, food particles, or mucus.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 3 weeks; Frozen: 6 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092538||Saliva Collection Time||49049-0|
- Free Cortisol
- Nighttime Salivary Cortisol
- Salivary Cortisol
- Salivary Cushings
- Salivary Hydrocortisone