Cystine Quantitative, Urine
QNT CYS U
Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- 24-hour or other timed urine collection. Avoid dilute urine when possible. Refrigerate 24-hour/timed specimens during collection.
- Specimen Preparation
- Mix urine well. Transfer 8 mL aliquot urine to ARUP Standard Transport Tubes and freeze immediately. (Min: 3 mL) Record total volume and collection time interval on transport tube and test request form.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Refrigerated or room temperature specimens.
- Clinical information is needed for appropriate interpretation. Additional required information includes age, gender, diet (eg, TPN therapy), drug therapy, and family history. Biochemical Genetics Patient History Form is available on the ARUP Web site or by contacting ARUP Client Services.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 month
This test is indicated only to monitor patients with cystinuria on therapy.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0081219||Cystine, 24 Hour Urine|
|0081220||Cystine, Urine mg/dL|