First trimester test. Screens for DS, T18, and ONTD. Risks determined using a combination of 1st and 2nd trimester serum markers, with or without 1st trimester nuchal translucency (NT) measurement. Results require a second sample between 15 and 24 weeks gestation (Maternal Serum Screening, Integrated, Specimen #2 (0081064)).
- Patient Preparation
- The nuchal translucency (NT) measurement is preferred; however, the Integrated Maternal Screen can be interpreted with or without a NT measurement. If performed, the NT measurement must be obtained between 10 weeks, 3 days and 13 weeks, 6 days gestation (Crown-Rump length (CRL) must be 3.9-8.5 cm). The NT measurement must also be performed by an ultrasonographer that is certified by one of the following agencies: Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF) or Nuchal Translucency Quality Review (NTQR). To avoid possible test delays for an ultrasonographer that is new to our database, please contact the genetic counselor at (800) 242-2787 extension 2141 prior to sending specimen.
Serum-only specimens may be drawn between 10 weeks, 0 days and 13 weeks, 6 days gestation. CRL must be 3.4-8.5 cm. The specimen collection and ultrasound date may be different.
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles. Hemolyzed specimens.
- This test also requires the following information: The patient's date of birth, current weight, number of fetuses present, patient's race, if the patient requires insulin, if there is a known family history of neural tube defects, if the patient has had a previous pregnancy with a chromosome abnormality, if the patient is taking valproic acid or carbamazepine (Tegretol), physician's name and phone number, For in vitro fertilization pregnancies, include the age of the egg donor at donation.
In addition to the above:
If a NT measurement is performed: the date of ultrasound, the CRL measurement, the NT measurement and the name and certification number of the sonographer is required.
If no NT measurement is performed: a due date or CRL measurement with the date of ultrasound is required.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0080241||Estimated Due Date||11778-8|
|0080920||Maternal Screen Interpretation||49586-1|
|0080927||Number of Fetuses||11878-6|
|0080932||Maternal Age At Delivery||21612-7|
|0080938||Gestational Age (Exact)||18185-9|
|0081065||Nuchal Translucency (NT)||12146-7|
|0081066||Crown Rump Length||11957-8|
|0081068||MoM for PAPP-A||32123-2|
|0081069||Sonographer Certification #||49089-6|
|0081074||MoM for NT||49035-9|
|0081158||Family History of Aneuploidy||32435-0|
|0081331||Best date to draw sample #2 by||33882-2|
|2002854||EER Maternal Screening, INT-1|
- First trimester screen