Useful as a tumor marker for squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck, uterine cervix, lung, vulva, and esophagus.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 4 months; Frozen: 4 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0081054||Squamous Cell Carcinoma Antigen||9679-2|
- SCC Antigen