- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium or lithium heparin), plasma separator tube, serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- SST needs to sit for 15-20 minutes for proper clot formation and to assure the absence of fibrin in the serum which can interfere with this assay. Centrifuge and remove from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Specimens must be free of all particulate matter which can interfere with the assay. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- CK-MB is quite labile. CK-MB relative percent will be calculated only if Creatine Kinase, Total, Serum or Plasma (ARUP test code 0020010) is ordered.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 3 days; Frozen: 1 month
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Creatine Kinase, Isoenzyme MB||0.0-5.0 µg/L|
|CK-MB Relative Percent||0.0-5.0%|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0080481||Creatine Kinase, Isoenzyme MB|
|0080482||CK-MB Relative Percent|