Assay aids in monitoring but is not recommended for diagnosis of carcinoid tumors. Assay may be useful in monitoring nonsecretory sympathetic and parasympathetic neuroendocrine tumors.
Quantitative Enzyme Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 6 weeks
Effective May 16, 2011
This test is performed using the Cisbio Chromoa EIA. Results obtained with different methods or kits cannot be used interchangeably.
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.