- Patient Preparation
- Void the urinary bladder, then drink a large glass of water and collect a urine specimen within 1 hour.
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer one 3 mL aliquot from a well-mixed random collection to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
If pH is greater than 8, lower pH to 6-8 by adding 1M HCL. If pH less than 6, increase pH to 6-8 by adding 5% NaOH. Titrate with appropriate preservative until pH of 6-8 has been reached. Record the pH on the transport tube and test request form.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 2 months
|Effective February 18, 2014|
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Beta-2-Microglobulin, Urine||Effective February 18, 2014|
|Beta-2-Microglobulin per gram of creatinine||0-300 µg/g CRT|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020207||Creatinine, Urine - per volume|
|0080052||Beta-2-Microglobulin, ratio to CRT|
- B2 microglobulin
- B2M, Urine Occupational
- Beta 2 Test
- Beta-2 Microglobulin, Urine Occupational