Monitor therapy and identify disease recurrence in individuals with a metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Do not use for diagnosis or screening of breast cancer.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 3 months
Limitations: Patients with confirmed breast carcinoma frequently have CA 27.29 assay values in the same range as healthy individuals. Elevations may also be observed in patients with non-malignant disease. Results of this test must always be interpreted in the context of morphologic and other relevant data and should not be used alone for a diagnosis of malignancy.
Methodology: Siemens Advia Centaur CA 27.29 chemiluminescent immunoassay was used. Results obtained with different assay methods or kits cannot be used interchangeably.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0080392||Cancer Antigen 27.29||17842-6|
- Breast Cancer Tumor Markers
- Breast Carcinoma-Associated Antigen (CA 27.29), Serum
- CA 27-29
- CA 27.29
- MAM 6
- Milk Mucin