- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- 1) Immediately after CSF is collected, add exactly 1 mL CSF to a chilled pyruvate collection tube containing 2 mL 8% (w/v) perchloric acid. (ARUP supply #16567). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
2) Mix well for 30 seconds then place in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
3) Centrifuge for 10 minutes at 1500 x g.
4) Decant 2 mL supernatant to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF not prepared as indicated in specimen preparation instructions.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 6 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0080312||Pyruvic Acid, CSF|