- Patient Preparation
- NMP22 testing should not be performed on patients who have had a total cystectomy or within 5 days of an invasive procedure, such as cystoscopy or catheterization of the
- Single void of urine between midnight and noon. Urine stabilization kit required (ARUP Supply #12594). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or by contacting ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Immediately following collection, transfer urine to NMP22 Urine Stabilizer Vial per kit instructions. Stabilized specimen should be blue/green in color.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine not stabilized in NMP22 Urine Stabilizer Vial.
- Preserved: Ambient: 4 days; Refrigerated: 7 days; Frozen: 2 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Bladder Tumor Associated Antigen
- Nuclear Matrix Protein