Use as an aid in the diagnosis of urothelial carcinoma in conjunction with standard diagnostic procedures and monitoring tumor recurrence.
- Patient Preparation
- NMP22 testing should not be performed on patients who have had a total cystectomy or within 5 days of an invasive procedure, such as cystoscopy or catheterization of the urethra.
- Single void of urine collected between midnight and noon. Urine Stabilization kit required (ARUP Supply #12594). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or by contacting ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Follow instructions provided in the Urine Stabilization kit. Stabilized specimen should be blue/green in color.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine not stabilized in NMP22 Urine Stabilizer Vial.
- Preserved: Ambient: 4 days; Refrigerated: 7 days; Frozen: 2 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Bladder Tumor Associated Antigen
- Nuclear Matrix Protein