Use as an aid in the diagnosis of urothelial carcinoma in conjunction with standard diagnostic procedures and monitoring tumor recurrence.
Quantitative Enzyme Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- NMP22 testing should not be performed on patients who have had a total cystectomy or within 5 days of an invasive procedure, such as cystoscopy or catheterization of the
- Single void of urine between midnight and noon. Urine stabilization kit required (ARUP Supply #12594). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or by contacting ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Immediately following collection, transfer 5 mL urine to NMP22 Urine Stabilizer Vial. (Stabilized specimen should be blue/green in color.)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine not stabilized in NMP22 Urine Stabilizer Vial.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 1 month
This test is intended as an aid in the management of patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary tract (TCC/UT), and is used after surgical treatment to identify patients with residual or rapidly recurring TCC/UT. Values obtained with different test methods should not be used interchangeably. ARUP uses the Alere NMP22 Test Kit, an enzyme immunoassay (EIA) method.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Bladder Tumor Associated Antigen
- Nuclear Matrix Protein