Amniotic Bilirubin Scan
Within 24 hours
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Amniotic fluid.
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Transfer 3 mL amniotic fluid to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not protected from light.
- If specimen is protected from light: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
Normal: 0.02 OD or less; depends on gestational age.
For additional information about this test, including charts for interpreting the result based on gestational age, refer to the Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn topic at arupconsult.com.
Stat testing must be approved by the pathologist on call after 5:00 p.m.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0080276||Amniotic Bilirubin Scan|
- Delta OD 450 (Amniotic Bilirubin Scan)