This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Amniotic fluid.
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Transfer 3 mL amniotic fluid to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not protected from light.
- If specimen is protected from light: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
Normal: 0.02 OD or less; depends on gestational age.
For additional information about this test, including charts for interpreting the result based on gestational age, refer to the Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn topic at arupconsult.com.
Stat testing must be approved by the pathologist on call after 5:00 p.m.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0080276||Amniotic Bilirubin Scan|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.