- Patient Preparation
- Specimen must be drawn between 14 weeks, 0 days and 24 weeks, 6 days gestation.
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 3 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles. Hemolyzed specimens.
- The following information is required and must accompany the sample for test interpretation: patient's date of birth, current weight, due date, dating method (US, LMP), number of fetuses present, patient's race, if the patient requires insulin, if there is a known family history of neural tube defects, if the patient has had a previous pregnancy with a chromosome abnormality, if the patient is taking valproic acid or carbamazepine (Tegretol®), physician's name and phone number; and for in vitro fertilization pregnancies, the age of the egg donor.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
Includes AFP, hCG, Estriol, and Inhibin A.
Intervals are based upon weeks of gestation.
*The 2014 AMA CPT manual contains the component CPT Codes and the new MAAA codes. Please direct any questions regarding CPT coding to the payer being billed.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0080241||Estimated Due Date|
|0080267||MoM for DIA|
|0080918||MoM for AFP|
|0080920||Maternal Screen Interpretation|
|0080924||Insulin Req Maternal Diabetes|
|0080925||Family Hx Neural Tube Defect|
|0080927||Number of Fetuses|
|0080932||Maternal Age At Delivery|
|0080937||MoM For hCG|
|0080938||Gestational Age (Exact)|
|0080943||MoM for uE3|
|0081158||Family History of Aneuploidy|
|2002850||EER Maternal Screen AFP, hCG, EST, INH|
- AFP 4 Marker Screen
- AFP MS4 (Quad)
- Alpha Fetoprotein, hCG, Estriol, and Inhibin
- Maternal Screening, AFP 4 Marker
- Quad AFP
- Quad screening