- Patient Preparation
- Collect specimen after an overnight fast.
- Green (sodium or lithium heparin) or plasma separator tube. Also acceptable: Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Separate plasma or serum from cells within 1 hour of collection. Transfer 1 mL plasma or serum to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Any specimens other than heparinized plasma or serum. Non-frozen specimens. Serum separator tubes. Specimens collected in EDTA yield a higher pyridoxal 5'-phosphate concentration; therefore, EDTA is not acceptable. Hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 4 hours; Frozen: 2 months
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0080111||Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate)|
- Vitamin B6 (Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate))