Use for nutritional assessment of vitamin B6.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect specimen after an overnight fast.
- Green (sodium or lithium heparin) or plasma separator tube. Also acceptable: Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Separate plasma or serum from cells within 1 hour of collection. Transfer 1 mL plasma or serum to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Any specimens other than heparinized plasma or serum. Serum separator tubes or EDTA preserved tubes. Hemolyzed specimens. Specimens not protected from light.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 3 days; Frozen: 2 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0080111||Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate)||2900-9|
- P 5-P
- Pyridoxal Phosphate