- Patient Preparation
- Fasting specimens preferred.
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Separate serum from cells within 1 hour of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 0.6 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Any specimen other than serum. Refrigerated or room temperature specimens. Hemolyzed or icteric specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 4 hours; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|