New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- 24-hour urine. Refrigerated during collection. Also acceptable: Random urine. Freeze within 15 minutes of collection, preservative not required. Reported as mg/L, no reference interval provided.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 12 mL aliquot of urine from a well-mixed 24-hour collection to ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. Also acceptable: Specimens refrigerated with preservatives are acceptable. Sample pH must be 5.0 - 7.0. Mix well, add 1 g boric acid/100 mL urine, adjust pH (with boric acid) to 5.0-7.0 and freeze. Record total volume, collection time, and pH on transport tube and test request form. Random specimens without preservative are acceptable if frozen within 15 minutes of collection.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Alkali preservatives (e.g. specimens previously preserved with NaOH).
- Ambient: 4 hours (with preservative); Refrigerated: 1 week (with preservative); Frozen: 1 month
|Available Separately||Components||Reference Interval|
|17-OH-Corticosteroids, Urine-mg/g CRT||2.0-6.5 mg/g crt|
|17 OH-Cortitcosteroids, Urine-per volume||4.0-14.0 mg/d|
|0020473||Creatinine, 24-Hour Urine|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020207||Creatinine, Urine - per volume|
|0020208||Creatinine, Urine - per 24h|
|0098254||17 OH-Corticosteriods, Urine - mg/g CRT|
|0099195||17 OH-Corticosteroids, Urine - per 24h|