This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 10 days; Frozen: 1 month
Effective May 16, 2011
||Greater than or equal to 1.7%
This test is not suitable for the evaluation of patients suspected of having congenital glycosylation disorders.
This assay can detect chronic ethanol use (greater than 40 g/day for two weeks).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0070412||CDT for Alcohol Use|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alcohol consumption bio-marker
- CDT for alcohol use
- CDT, alcohol use
- Serum Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin, alcohol use