Aids in detection of folate deficiency.
Quantitative Chemiluminescent Immunoassay
Within 24 hours
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Mix specimen well. Transfer 1 mL whole blood to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Non-frozen specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Hematocrit must be performed and indicated on the test request form. If the patient has not received a transfusion or experienced excessive bleeding between the RBC folate draw and the hematocrit draw, any hematocrit drawn within 24 hours of the RBC folate draw is acceptable.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 4 hours; Frozen: 2 months
Greater than or equal to 366 ng/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0097130||Hematocrit (client supplied)|