This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Patient should fast for 12-15 hours prior to collection. Vitamin B12 supplements should not be administered within 72 hours of drawing blood for this test.
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 6 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
This assay measures the unsaturated binding capacity of serum for vitamin B12.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0070260||Vitamin B12 Binding Capacity|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.