Aids in diagnosis of growth hormone excess or deficiency disorders.
Quantitative Chemiluminescent Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Patient must be fasting and at complete rest for 30 minutes before blood collection
- Plasma separator tube or serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Green (sodium or lithium heparin), lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Tissue or urine. Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 months
Effective May 20, 2013
|18 years and older
This Growth Hormone assay is now standardized to the Recombinant Second International Standard (IS): 98/574. Growth hormone results read approximately 25 percent lower than with the previous standards (FirstIS: 80/505). Reference ranges have also been modified according to the assay manufacturer.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- GH testing
- Growth Hormone Stimulation
- growth hormone, Serum
- Human Growth Hormone
- Somatotrophic Hormone